Wifredo Lam: Imagining New Worlds and Imagining New Worlds: José Parlá and Fahamu Pecou Teacher Resources (PAST EXHIBITIONS)
Wifredo Lam was one of Surrealism’s most influential figures. This exhibition featured more than forty paintings and a selection of drawings, prints, and ephemera by the internationally renowned, Cuban-born artist.
The Imagining New Worlds: José Parlá and Fahamu Pecou exhibition featured sculptures, drawings, prints, and paintings by contemporary artists José Parlá and Fahamu Pecou. These works responded to the art of Wifredo Lam, providing contemporary perspectives on his life and career.
Additional online resources and books:
- Wifredo Lam: Imagining New Worlds Exhibition Catalogue
- Contemporary Approaches to Teaching by ART21
- Fahamu Pecou – Local Atlanta Artist
- José Parlá’s 90-Foot Mural at One World Trade Center
Downloadable Teacher Resources
- Common Core Georgia Performance Standards Connections (PDF)
- Wifredo Lam Key Images (PPT)
- Pecou and Parlá Key Images (PPT)